We have a great opportunity for a Collaboration Engineer to join a CISCO Partner on a full-time basis. The Collaboration Engineer will be working across post-sale project execution and completion and supporting client engagements.
• Work closely with project management and technical peers to effectively plan, execute, and complete project engagements
• Assess collaboration project presales proposals, Statements of Work, Bills of Material, and other project definition source materials to validate project execution and technical feasibility.
• Establishing technical plans, tasks, work breakdown structures, dependencies, contingency plans, and impact assessments
• Coordinate the exchange of information between clients, third-party sub-contractors, and internal Technology Partners project management and technical peers.
• Gather, consolidate, prepare, document, and distribute standardized project technical information in various formats, including but not limited to: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
• Design and develop technical approaches to project deliverables in accordance with Cisco-published best practices
• Perform and document inventory of equipment and project-related assets, including hardware and related components, and licensing
• Assemble hardware components and install devices into final mounted and operable positions, including physical connectivity for power, network link, and human interface
• Install and configure the Cisco collaboration and related hardware, software products, and technologies with proficiency:
• Provide technical diagnosis and troubleshooting
• Engage and coordinate the assistance of Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to resolve technical issues effectively and expeditiously.
• Prepare and deliver training and related documentation and materials to peers and clients on any of the above-mentioned technical proficiencies.
• Develops repeatable deployment methods related to new and existing network or data center environments.
• Performs network assessments and consultations.
• Designs enterprise-class network solutions with Microsoft Visio or similar graphing product
• Deploy Test: Cisco Voice, Video, & Presence systems according to design.
• Ability to engage in failure-mode analysis and remediation for the above technologies.
• Ability to engage with project management regarding project status, timelines, and escalations.
• Ability to engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failure
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an Information Technology related major
• 4-8 years’ experience within a Collaboration Engineer role
• Must possess a strong understanding of Cisco Unified Communications products, and validated designs.